Apply for Summer Position: National Championships + Communications Intern
Lacrosse Canada is seeking a candidate to fill a 10-week contract position of National Championships + Communications Intern. The anticipated start date is June 20, 2022.
The National Championships + Communications Intern will work directly with the Communications + Marketing Coordinator on social media content creation and promotions, brand consistency, National Championships, Canada Summer Games, and safe sport initiatives. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Lacrosse Canada staff are working remotely; this position will be remote with travel possible to the Niagara region in August.
For a complete job description, please see below. All applications (including a resume and cover letter) should be submitted to Taylor Retter, Communications and Marketing Coordinator, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 27, 2022, at 5 p.m. EDT.
With the return of National and World Championships after a two-year pause, Lacrosse Canada once again has a full summer event calendar. The main tasks of the National Championships + Communications Intern will be to assist with marketing, promotion, and logistics related to National Championships and the Canada Summer Games. The National Championships + Communications Intern will assist all staff, but primarily the Communications & Marketing and High Performance & National Championships Coordinators with social media, brand consistency, and National Championships logistics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media & Promotions: tasks will include creating and scheduling engaging social media content, ensuring consistency across all platforms, and ensure deliverables for National Championships brand partnerships are met.
- Brand Consistency: tasks will include brainstorming creative ideas surrounding our newly re-branded National Championships, assisting with the design and selection of merchandise, and fostering meaningful relationships in the lacrosse community.
- Administration: Assist the Director of National Championships and High Performance & National Championships with administrative requirements of national championships including: liaising with Member Associations regarding deadlines and fees, compile and distribute shipments to hosts (trophies, medals, balls, etc.), booking travel, tracking CCES anti-doping education, monitor National Championship Registration System, review of team registration forms, ensure financial and post-event reports are submitted.
- Communication: Maintain ongoing communication with national championship hosts, ensure National Championship communications strategy is upheld.
- Committees: As a member of the National Championship Review Committee, you will assist Board and staff with booking meetings, taking minutes, etc.
CANADA SUMMER GAMES
- Communications: Act as the Sport Information Officer for Lacrosse Canada at the Canada Summer Games, working with the NSO, Member Associations, and Host Society to ensure the best possible sport coverage of lacrosse in the Canada Games.
- Liaise on-site to amplify MA coverage of games, on-site and off-site media, complete statistics and tournament updates, post-game interviews, team profiles and other communications initiatives.
- Logistics: As Canada Games is considered the U17 National Championships, those duties listed under National Championships section will apply. Assist Technical Representative with basic administrative duties related to the Canada Summer Games.
Other duties as assigned by the Lacrosse Canada staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & ELIGIBILITY
- Must be between the age of 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Has a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;
- Strong written communication skills, with ability to write both professionally and creatively;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively remotely;
- Ability to learn new programs quickly (e.g. website editors, design platforms)
- Must have access to a laptop/computer, internet, and have the ability to participate in Zoom calls;
- Experience creating social media content is considered an asset;
- Post-secondary education in sports management, marketing, communications, or related field is considered an asset
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English;
- Passion for sports and/or lacrosse;
Contract for 10 weeks.
The National Championships + Communications Intern reports to the Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
This position pays $19/hour, for a total of 35 hours per week.
All applications (including a resume and cover letter) should be submitted to Taylor Retter, by email (email@example.com) by May 27, 2022, at 5 p.m. EDT.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is largely funded by the 2022 Canada Summer Jobs program. All applicants must meet eligibility guidelines as specified by Service Canada in order to be considered for the above position.